At Mind Reset I can help people with a range of things that are affecting their lives. My aim is to get to the underlying cause of these situations and then help you to understand how to go forward in a way that will eliminate the things that have been holding you back. Take a look at the information below and if you would like to get in contact and discuss treatment or if you have any questions then please get in contact and I will be happy to help.
Let’s face it, life, in general, can be pretty stressful and hectic at the best of times. And when stress gets on top of us, our lives can feel like a pressure cooker. It can affect our ability to be effective at work, moody at home and lead to us making some poor decisions.
If left unchecked – anxiety can keep you in a state of heightened fear and then your life feels like you are never free from this anxious state.
So what happens when you’re anxious?
- You fret
- You overthink
- You negatively think
- You struggle to get to sleep/struggle to stay asleep
- You struggle to make decisions or
- You feel sick or have ‘Butterflies in your Stomach’
- You have frequent feelings of dread about non-threatening things
- You avoid people, events, situations because of dread or fear
- Your body aches due to physical tension
- You get tension headaches
- You have a dodgy tummy
- You have panic attacks
- You start having compulsive behaviours
- You drink or smoke more
- You start unwanted persistent habits (eg hair-plucking, skin-picking, nail-biting etc)
And it is absolutely exhausting!!
But – by using various therapies – these can be reversed.
Every sufferer of anxiety has their own struggle, their own story, and their own set of triggers for their condition so I ensure that they are given a unique therapy that encapsulates their struggle and their needs to get them free from their triggers and their anxiety and set the sufferer back on the right course for continued future improvement.
If you think you have any of the signs of anxiety or its related symptoms and you’d like to discuss this with me you can contact me to request a free, no obligation conversation.
Depression doesn’t discriminate. It doesn’t care what job you do, where you live or even your age.
It negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act.
It can feel like a fog rolling in, slowly, at first, but eventually is so thick you cannot see through it.
You can get this feeling of sadness and a real lack of interest in things you use to enjoy.
The knock on from that is that you struggle emotionally and physically so everyday tasks become overwhelming.
Often it can be a reaction to a distressing or traumatic life event. Depression is often anger about something turned inwards over a lengthy period of time.
So what are the symptoms?
- Feeling sad or having a depressed mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
- Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue
- Increase in purposeless physical activity (e.g., hand-wringing or pacing) or slowed movements and speech (actions observable by others)
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
The aim of the sessions is to resolve the deeper underlying causes of depression and clear out the self-sabotaging thoughts and negative behaviours, by using various tools and techniques which will work for you.
The aim is also to improve other aspects which attach to depression such as restless sleep, fear, low energy or libido, inner pain and feelings of despair.
Stress – the curse of the 21st Century
Did you know that approximately 1 in 10 people suffer from work-related stress?
In some studies – it has been shown that over 90% of all disease is either caused or complicated by stress!
Half a million people in the UK are having work-related stress at a level they believe is making them become ill. In the UK Twelve million adults see their doctor with mental health problems every year, much of it is stress related.
Although some stress in daily life can be a good thing, too much can lead to mental & physical illness, including depression, hypertension, nervous breakdown and heart disease.
So what are the symptoms?
- feeling dizzy or sick
- constant tiredness
- chest pains
- sleep difficulties
- constipation or diarrhoea (IBS)
- nervous twitches
- cravings for food
- cramps or muscle spasms
- indigestion or heartburn
- pins and needles
- loss of appetite
- high blood pressure
- sexual difficulties
How stress can make you feel:
- fear that you are unwell
- fear of the future
- fear of failure
- loss of interest in life
- no interest in others
- no sense of humour
- having no one to confide in
- belief that you’re bad or even ugly
Stress may be effecting your behaviour:
- difficulty to make decisions
- inability to show true feelings
- problems focusing and concentrating
- avoid difficult situations
- pretending that everything’s alright
- often crying
By focusing on your symptoms, behaviours and feelings, each session is designed to reduce these aspects and get you back on track and moving forward with your life as soon as possible
A phobia is an irrational fear of a particular stimulus. This stimulus can be a situation, a thing, or an activity.
What happens is that they create this “fear” in their mind of that particular thing and will either go to great lengths to avoid whatever it is they fear, or they will tolerate it with considerable anxiety.
For some people, a phobia can trigger panic attacks. In severe cases the phobia can end up literally controlling a person’s life.
Did you know that Public speaking is rather surprisingly the number one phobia?
So what are common phobias?
- Phobia of spiders
- Social Phobia
- Vomit phobia
- Phobia of heights
- Phobia of confined spaces
- Blood/Injury phobia
- Driving phobia
- Flying phobia
- Phobia of tubes/trains
- Commitment phobia
- Phobia of hospitals
- Phobia of needles
- Phobia of darkness
So how do we clear these?
- By using a unique combination of hypnosis, NLP and latest cognitive behavioural techniques
- Transforming negative thoughts and your experience of the world around you
- A powerful, rewind and reframe to overcome your phobia